When it comes to food, there is no greater love story than that between peanut butter and jelly. The humble peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or PB&J as it’s often called, is a simple, delicious treat that can be enjoyed at any time of the day…night.
Discover how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that pays homage to an old childhood favorite (while enhancing it just a little). By using whole wheat or artisan bread and heating it in butter, you’ll achieve a golden, crispy crust. The heat melts the peanut butter and jelly into a gorgeous gooey confection, taking this classic sandwich to the next level.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread (or artisan bread of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
1. Gather all your ingredients together.
2. Heat griddle or skillet to 350°F.
3. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Put any leftover butter in the pan to melt.
4. Spread peanut butter on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread and spread the strawberry preserve on the unbuttered side of your second slice.
5. Place the slice with the peanut butter into the pan, buttered side down.
6. Place the other slice of bread on top of the slice in the pan, making sure that the jelly is on the inside and the buttered side is up.
7. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until the bread has reached the golden-brown color that you desire.
8. Remove from the pan, slice as desired, and enjoy!
Made Simply, with Love