- 2 slices brioche, lightly toasted (see note)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 generous tablespoon Bonne Maman
- Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2-3 fresh strawberries, diced
- Powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
Spread the cream cheese and preserves on one slice of bread. Top with the other slice. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Whisk the egg, milk, nutmeg, and vanilla in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Place the brioche sandwich in the mixture, and soak each side for 1 minute or so. Let the excess drip off before transferring to the hot skillet. Cook the french toast until it’s golden brown on both sides.
Slice the french toast, top with strawberries, a dusting of powdered sugar and maple syrup.