- Pound Cake (homemade or store bought; try angel food cake for a lighter dish)
- 1 Jar Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- 1 Jar Bonne Maman Lemon Curd
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream: Pour heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer (or use a hand mixer). Whip together the cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract into soft peaks. Be careful not to overmix.
Prep: Cut the pound cake into small cubes or thin circular slices to fit the inside an empty preserves jar, and set aside. Ready a prep station, including the cake pieces, preserves, lemon curd and whipped cream.
Assemble: In the bottom of each jar (or trifle dish), place a layer of cake. Top with a layer of strawberry preserves, followed by a single layer of strawberries, then a layer of lemon curd, and finally a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the jar or dish.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, or ideally overnight. Before serving, uncover and decorate with a dollop of lemon curd and a few strawberries.