- 13.8 ounces, 390 grams (1 can) of refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 cups plus 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 cup (50g) of baking soda
- 4 tablespoons of Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserve
- 4 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten with one tablespoon of water
- sea salt for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 425°F ( 220°C).Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, then into a 16×16 inch (40×40 cm) square.Cut the dough into 4 strips (each about 4×16 inch or 10×40 cm).Spread one tablespoon of strawberry preserve onto the long edge of each strip.Top with a tablespoon of ricotta cheese.Fold the dough, covering the filling.Brush the edges with a little bit of water and seal ends.Shape the pretzels into a heart as shown in the picture.Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, carefully add the baking soda and mix until dissolved.Dip each pretzel one at a time into the water, using a large spatula (possibly flat and with holes). Let it stay in the water for about 15 seconds. Don’t wait too long or your pretzel will fall apartRemove from the water. Let it drain and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt.Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.