- 2 Jars Bonne Maman® Cherry or Apricot Preserves
- 2 ½ Cups All-purpose flour (unbleached)
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- ¾ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, plus extra for crust
- 7-8 Tbsp. (or more) Ice water
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Add butter in with hands and mix until small clumps form.
- Add 6 Tbsp. ice water; mix gently with fork until dough holds its shape when small pieces are pressed between fingertips. Add remaining Tbsp. of water, as needed.
- Divide dough into 2 equal balls.
- Flatten into disk and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Dough can be refrigerated up to 2 days.
- Let dough soften slightly before rolling out.
- Roll out both dough balls on floured surface to 12-inch rounds.
- Cut three, 5 ½ -inch rounds from each disc for a total of 6.
- Collect scraps, re-roll out into a 6-inch wide oval, and cut an additional two 5 ½ -inch rounds for a total of 8.
- Place each round into a mini tin and gently press down to fit the tin, being careful not to tear the dough.
- Add ⅓ cup of Bonne Maman® Preserves to each mini pie.
To Bake: Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place pies on middle rack of your oven, and bake for 15 minutes, removing your pies when filling begins to bubble and crust begins to brown.
- Note that baking times vary widely, check your mini pies beginning at 10 minutes.