- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 jar of Bonne Maman Fig Preserves
Preheat oven to 325°F and butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
Place rack in center of oven.
Combine flour, rolled oats and brown sugar in bowl of food processor and pulse 3 to 4 times until blended. Add cold butter and pulse 8 to 10 times until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs the size of small peas.
Remove 2 cups of the crumb mixture and set aside. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up one inch high on the sides of a prepared pan.
Drop teaspoons of Bonne Maman Fig Preserves evenly over the crust, then spread gently with the back of a spoon to cover the crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs evenly over the top of the preserves layer.
Bake until top is lightly browned, 50-55 minutes. Transfer pan to rack and let cool thoroughly (about 2 hours). Cut into 25 small squares. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe by / Author: Angela Loavenbruck