- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chili Pepper
- 2-3 drops of Tabasco Sauce
- 10 oz. Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat for approx. 30 minutes over low heat. Butter should be melted and sauce should have thickened. Do not let burn.
To strain the sauce: Pour the sauce through a wire sieve that is positioned over another bowl and using a spoon or flat sturdy spatula, force the sauce through the sieve. Leave the onions & garlic behind. Discard the solids and pour the sauce into empty, clean Bonne Maman glass jars for storage. Cover tightly.
Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
Note: For a spicier sauce, add finely chopped habanero or jalapeños pepperFor cooking, wash and dry chicken or ribs. Season chicken or ribs with salt and pepper. Heat the grill. Brush the sauce on your chicken or ribs in the last 10-15 minutes of cooking to avoid burning. Serve extra sauce for dipping.