- 4 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ⅔ Cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Large eggs +1 large egg yolk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy
- Bonne Maman® Apricot and Blackberry Preserves (for fillings)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for brushing.
- In medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk oil, eggs, egg yolk, sugar, zest, both juices, and brandy until smooth.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until a sticky dough is formed.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, flatten into a disk, and chill overnight.
- Working with about one-quarter of the dough at a time (and leaving remaining in refrigerator), roll on a lightly floured surface a little less than ¼ -inch thick.
- Cut circles using 3-inch cookie cutters.
- Alternating between Bonne Maman® Apricot Preserves and Blackberry Preserves, add approximately a tablespoon of filling in center of each dough and then pinch one side up.
- Turn and pinch second and then third to make a triangular shape. Leave a little bit of the filling showing at the top.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pies on parchment paper on cookie sheet, brush with a little beaten egg for sheen and bake until nicely browned for 10 to 15 minutes.