- 4 Empty Bonne Maman jars
- 4 or more succulents or small plants
- 4 cups of potting soil
- 8-12 oz of dark sand
- 8-12 oz of light sand
- 6-8 oz of small river rock
- 4 oz of colorful glass rocks
- Twine & tags
- Using the clear jar, start building up layers of the river rock, dark sand and light sand till about ⅔ of the way full.
- Fill the rest of the jar with potting soil and plant the succulents.
- Sprinkle the colorful glass rocks on top of the soil.
- Write mom a heartfelt note on the tag and secure to the jar by tieing the twine around the lip of the jar.
Have fun with the ingredients to create unique and colorful layers!