- Coconut Oil, for greasing the pan
- 10 slices whole grain sandwich bread (i used a seeded bread), preferably a little stale
- 5 tablespoons Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- 1 ¼ cups chopped fresh strawberries, plus more for serving
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup toasted almonds, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup toasted shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- coconut whipped cream, whipped cream, or greek yogurt (optional)
Grease bottom and sides of 1 ½ quart baking dish. Make preserves sandwiches. Spread 5 slices with 1 tablespoon each of Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves. Top with another slice to make a sandwich, pressing gently to adhere. Slice each sandwich into 16 cubes. Spread half of cubes in bottom of baking dish. Scatter with half of chopped strawberries. Top with remaining sandwich cubes and strawberries.
Whisk eggs until no longer stringy. Add almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and whisk to combine. Pour mixture over bread and strawberries and press gently to submerge as best you can. Not everything will be covered, but you want each piece to be in some of liquid. Cover with foil and allow to sit in fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pan in oven and bake, covered, for 55-65 minutes. After 40 minutes, remove foil cover to allow top to brown. Pudding will be done when it is no longer jiggly, the top is golden, and it feels just firm to touch. Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Resting will allow you to get the cleanest slices. Top with almonds, coconut, fresh strawberries, and whipped topping of choice. Drizzle with additional maple syrup, if desired.