- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange, about 1 tablespoon
- Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade, for serving
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place popover pan or a standard 12-cup muffin tin on the lowest shelf in the oven during preheating.In a large bowl, whisk to combine eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon melted butter. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine flour, salt, thyme and orange zest. Whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until batter is frothy and smooth.
Carefully remove pan from oven and evenly divide remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter amongst cups. Fill prepared pans half full with batter and return to lowest oven shelf.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the popovers begin to brown (do not open oven). Reduce temperature to 350ºF and bake for an additional 15 minutes until puffed and crisp. Remove from pan immediately. Serve hot with Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade.