- 4 oz butter, unsalted, soft
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 jar Bonne Maman INTENSE Blueberry Fruit Spread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
Preheat the oven to 350°. Make the crumb topping: Melt the butter. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and stir in the melted butter. Crumble with your hands and set aside.
Make the muffin batter: In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light. Add the sunflower butter and mix just to combine. Add the egg and mix again just to combine. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Separately, combine the milk and the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer alternating with the milk mixture. Line a standard muffin tin with liners. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each liner and gently spread.
Top each muffin with a heaping teaspoon of the INTENSE Blueberry Fruit Spread.
Top with remaining batter and then remaining blueberry spread. Finish each with a small handful of crumb topping. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the muffins spring back and a toothpick comes out clean.