- 3/4 cup Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar fig reduction
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 4 lbs bone in skin on chicken quarters
- fresh thyme and sliced strawberries for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a small saucepan, combine the strawberry rhubarb glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring, then reduce heat to a simmer over low heat and allow the sauce to thicken over time. Keep an eye on it and remove from heat if needed. If sauce thickens too much, add a bit more of the strawberry preserves.
Meanwhile, heat the grape seed oil in a large cast iron skillet until very hot. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt. Place the chicken skin side down and allow to crisp and golden, 7 to 10 minutes. Flip the chicken carefully, cover, and place in the oven, cooking for another 20 minutes. Remove the lid and spoon a bit of the sauce over the chicken.
Place in the oven and cook another 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve the chicken on a platter with additional sauce on the side to spoon over the top.