- 4 oz butter, unsalted, soft
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 jar Bonne Maman Blueberry Fruit Spread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 350°F
Make Crumb Topping:
Melt butter. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and stir in the melted butter. Crumble with your hands and set aside.
Make Muffin Batter: In standard mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and sugars together for 2 minutes until light. Add the sunflower butter and mix to combine. Add egg and mix again to combine. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Separately, combine the milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer, alternating with milk mixture.
Line a standard muffin tin with liners. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each liner and gently spread.
Top each muffin with a heaping teaspoon of the Bonne Maman Blueberry Fruit Spread.
Top with remaining batter and remaining blueberry spread. Finish each with a small handful of crumb topping. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until muffins spring back and a toothpick comes out clean.