- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons egg replacer whisked into 6 tbsp water (or use 2 large eggs)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds, lightly toasted (optional)
- ½ cup Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
Whisk flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
In another bowl, combine oil, egg replacer mixture (or eggs), almond milk, apricot preserves and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the sliced almonds, if using. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
Preheat the waffle maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to make waffles. I baked for 3½ minutes until golden and cooked through.
Serve hot with some apricot syrup.
Combine apricot preserves with the water in a small saucepan. Cook for medium heat until the syrup gets to pouring consistency.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.