Sweets & Desserts
Strawberry Orange Mini-Trifles
Recipe credit: Chef Robert Carter
|Strawberry Orange Mini-Trifles|
- 1/3 cup Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- 2 tbsp plus 1/3 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 qt strawberries, halved
- Sugar to taste
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lb fresh pound cake
- In a small saucepan, heat strawberry preserves and 2 Tbsp orange juice until melted into a liquid.
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl. Pour melted jam over the strawberries and toss well. Check for sweetness and add sugar if necessary.
- Pour cream into a large bowl. With an electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- With a biscuit cutter, cut pound cake into 12 rounds. Brush each round with remaining orange juice.
- Assemble mini-trifles in Le Creuset mini cocottes or empty Bonne Maman jars. Place one cake round on the bottom, followed by marinated strawberries, then whipped cream. Repeat once more.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe