Shortbread Cut Out Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together the butter and sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Add the dry mixture to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 mins.
4. Roll the dough ¼" thick
5. Cut 2 ¾" rounds with a plain or fluted cutter. With ½" of the cut rounds, cut a hole in the middle of each round with a star cutter (or desired shape). Place all the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and chill for 15 mins.
6. Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 mins, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
7. Spread Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves on the flat side of each solid cookie. Press both cookies sides together with the raspberry preserves in the middle. Dust with powdered sugar on the top. Serve.
Yields: 36 cookies