Appetizers & Sides
Shrimp Lollipops with Orange-Horseradish Glaze
Recipe credit: Chef Robert Carter
|Shrimp Lollipops with Orange-Horseradish Glaze|
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail off
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 3 lemon slices
- 16 lollipop sticks or skewers
- 2 cups finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sauce ingredients:
- 2 cups Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup horseradish, squeezed of excess liquid
- Chill shrimp, cream, panko, eggs and butter for 1 hour.
- Place the shrimp, heavy cream, panko bread crumbs, eggs and unsalted butter in a food processor, add salt and pepper, and puree until finely minced. Roll mixture into 3/4-inch balls. Place on a foil-covered baking sheet and freeze 1 hour.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, Old Bay seasoning and lemon slices to a boil. Gently add shrimp balls, reduce to a simmer, and poach 3 to 5 minutes, or until done throughout and slightly springy to the touch. Remove from water and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat orange marmalade just until slightly warm. Stir in horseradish.
- Insert skewers into each shrimp ball. Dip each one in Marmalade sauce and roll in chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe